The Android 4.2.2 update for the Galaxy S3 has leaked online ahead of its official release date – and you can download it here! To note: there have been Android 4.2.2 update leaks in the past, but this is the most complete yet.
SamMobile is the first site to get its hands on I9300XXUFME7 – Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean test firmware for the Galaxy S III. It includes a number of software enhancements, like a new Galaxy S4-esque lock screen, support for multiple widgets, an additional „light” unlock effect, improved ripple animation and the ability to change the clock size and post a personalized message.
Android 4.2.2 Build ID: JDQ39 Features:
– New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
– New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– New Additions in Notification Center
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
– Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from S4)
– New smart switch widget
– Found more? Tell us about them in the comments below!
Here are the full firmware details:
Android Version: 4.2.2 – JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
Region: Open Europe
Changelist: 702147 (Previous leak: I9300XXUFME3 = 611730)
Build Date: 21 May 2013
Here’s What it Looks Like On Video:
Finally, here’s how to download and install the update on your device (warning: it involves wiping your device):
- Download the firmware [Android Version 4.2.2 – JDQ39 (Jelly Bean).zip] here.
- Unzip the file
- Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add I9300XXUFME7_I9300OXAFME7_I9300XXUFME7_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+ Power + Volume Up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
Galaxy S4 Review